People regularly save numerous contacts on their phones due to various purposes – business, personal, social etc. You may have saved the contact of an old acquaintance or a broker or someone from your neighborhood.
But, you only connect to these people when you want their specific services and do not connect to them once your job is done. Hence, over time, such contacts lose their importance and sit in the device idle. Therefore, these useless contacts only consume the storage space of your mobile and do nothing else. So, what to do with these unwanted and useless contacts? The answer is simple, delete them.
But there is a problem. Apple does not allow its iPhone users to delete multiple contacts at a time. So, the process becomes difficult and tiresome. Although Apple released the iPhone 11 and iOS 13 in 2019 with contact deleting features, the problem remains. Additionally, iPhone imports contacts from different sources like Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, iCloud etc. Therefore, the process becomes more complicated for any iPhone user.
If you are wondering about how to delete contacts on iPhone easily, you need to read this article. You will get to know the methods and tips to delete accounts from different sources on your device.
Tips for deleting a single contact on your iPhone
It is the most basic and easiest way of deleting a contact from an iPhone. This process allows you to delete a particular contact from your device.
- First, you need to open the iPhone contacts apk in your iPhone( or iPad if you own one).
- Next, you need to select the contact that you need to delete.
- After the selection, you will see that the contact has an edit button on the top section of the right corner.
- Click on this option.
- After this, you need to scroll down and find the “delete contact” option at the last.
- At last, click on this option and your device will delete the contact.
The above-mentioned method will come handy if you have one or two contacts to delete. But, if there are multiple contacts to delete, this process will not be convenient. It is because deleting one by one will take a lot of time. You may not have a lot of time available and it can also hamper your daily work schedule.
Therefore, you need to use other methods that can allow you to delete multiple contacts at one go. Here are some of the processes you can try-
Method for deleting the contacts from the iCloud storage of your device
If your iPhone contacts are synced with the iCloud storage then you can delete all the contacts connected to the iCloud. This is another effective method on how to delete contacts on iPhone. This process is a boon because it allows you to delete multiple contacts at the same time. But, it is only possible if your contacts are synced with storage. Therefore, make sure to sync the contacts before deleting.
- First you need to open the Settings app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Next, go to your ‘iCloud’ name and tap on it. You will find an option of “ Contacts”.
- After this, toggle the switch off. A small window will pop open and you will get two options regarding your activity with the synced contacts- you can keep them or delete them.
- At last, click on the “delete from my Phone/iPad”. This simple click will delete all the synced contacts easily.
How to delete contacts connected with your email account
As you already know your apple device like the iPhone or iPad can also import contacts connected to your email account. Wondering how to delete contacts on iPhone which are related to your email account? Then you can follow this particular method. It can delete all the phone contacts related to your email account. So, if you have a Gmail or a Yahoo or an outlook account synced with your Apple iPhone or iPad, the process is very simple.
- At first, open the “ settings” app in your apple device.
- Next scroll to the section ”password and accounts”. You can view all of your accounts like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. linked to your iPhone.
- After this, you need to select the particular account that holds all the contacts you desire to delete.
- Open the contact section and move to “contacts”.
- After this, you need to turn off the switch connected to the “contacts” for deleting all the synced accounts at once. You will receive a pop-up window that will ask for reconfirmation in the case you want to delete the contacts.
- At last, click on ”delete”.
This process deletes all the contacts linked to any of your email addresses. Therefore, if you have multiple emails and synced contacts you need to select email ids separately to delete their synced contacts. In case you want to restore all the deleted accounts, you need to follow all the initial steps in reverse and toggle on the switch of “contacts” for a particular email ID. The process will help you to restore all the contacts within minutes.
Process for deleting contacts in your device with a single click
Want to learn how to delete contacts on iPhone with just a single click? You might be surprised, but there is a way that allows you to do so. However, you need some assistance from another tech expert or another app. This is because you cannot delete multiple contacts easily in apple ios. For this situation, using “AnyTrans for IOS” is the best data manager that you can use. This is exclusive for iPhone and iPad that allows you to delete chosen contacts with a single click. The data manager is safe. The biggest advantage of it is that you can choose selective contacts and customize the deletion procedure.
But you need a computer or laptop for this purpose. The “AnyTrans for IOs” is available for free and you can download it in windows device or Mac device. Download and install this data manager on your computer at first. Then proceed as follows-
- First, open “AnyTrans IOS” on your computer.
- Next you need to connect your iPhone with your computer with a USB cable.
- After this select the “Device Manager” option in your computer
- Scroll down and click on “more”
- After this navigate to the “Contacts” option.
- If you want to delete all contacts; tick “select all option”.
- Click on “delete”. This process will delete all the stored contacts in your iPhone
- If you want to delete only chosen contacts, you need to select the particular contacts. Now, proceed and click on the “delete” option. It will delete only the selected contacts from your device.
It is the best because you can delete multiple contacts and select the contacts you do not need without any hassle. It allows you to customize the deletion process at your will.
Besides the contacts, “AnyTrans for iOS” also helps you to manage all the data stored on your iPhone. You can add or delete or transfer data like videos, images, documents, notes, iBooks and even applications with this data manager.
In a Nutshell
So, if you are an iPhone user and are wondering how to delete contacts on iPhone, you do not need to worry. Although Apple does not offer any special system for deletion yet, there are plenty of other processes as well. In this article, you have learned four processes of deleting contacts. You can choose any of the above procedures to delete the contacts on your iPhone without any problem.